Monday, May 02, 2005

Settling in Softly with Songs

My sweet lady Alison has a nice little blog, and in it, she has compiled a list of songs that 'tear her guts out' everytime she hears them. I'm swiping her idea right off the screen, because she is brilliant, and because music is a constantly amazing part of my life. And also, a list of songs is a nice way to ease into this little blog o' mine.

So, guts, are you ready?

These I share with Al:

This Will Be Our Year- The Zombies -- Because, oh man, it really will be this time, I just know it.
The Only Living Boy in New York- Simon & Garfunkel

These I came up with all on my own:

Days Gone By- Deathray -- A beauty, with more honesty than I can bear.
Settin' the Woods on Fire- Hank Williams -- There is not a trace of sadness in even the most remote parts of my heart when this sweet tune's a'playin'.
1 Gymnopedie- Eric Satie -- It's never taken so few notes to fill up a heart.
When You Notice the Stripes or New Slang, whichever it's called- The Shins

This will do for now, as I am trying to hold myself to a 'decent' head-hitting-the-pillow hour. Really, I don't HAVE to feel like so much grog in the morns; I do have control over that, right?

Get into these songs. FEEL ME.

4 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Alison S. said...

Girl, I FEEL you!

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"grog in the morns" is my new favorite phrase

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger s.k.namanny said...

The Only Living Boy in New York almost incapacitates me. Might one not add its companion: Song for the Asking? The rest of your list is, to borrow your own word, golden.
You.

skn

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger s.k.namanny said...

And as predictable as this might be, I think "I Know It's Over" would be on mine.

Your picture is also golden: I wish to make it my wallpaper.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home