Monday, August 29, 2005

Poor Sacramento

So dissed, all the time.
Sacramento, I love you, too. In a sort of slow and comfortable way. In a sort of safe and connected way. Before we were bound here by Jack's wonderful school/my rad job, it was only our dear and amazing friends that kept us around. And my mom, and Dana's grandmother- sweet, happy things like that. And then Dana suddenly had his own business that depends on his established reputation, and I suddenly had a job that isn't leavable under present circumstances, and the friendships have gotten deeper and lovelier... and years have gone by and we still haven't moved to Portland, or anywhere, for all of these excuses and more. But, Sacramento, you're just the right place for right now. Right? You feel pretty good. You're getting better all the time. Folks that have been lurking for years are finally stepping up and making businesses NOT directed at state workers and farm workers and sports fans and fancy ass governors. Places for the rest of us to go. Kindred spirits. It's going to get really awesome, right? I'll do everything I can to make it so.
This is our place now, and I am content with that. Except when it's 108 outside. Our time somewhere else will come. Who knows when... Who knows what will happen, ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home