Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Story on Each Arm

I will never, ever get a tattoo.

But if I did, I think I would script a story over each scar.

On the left forearm, 'Klipsch speaker, saved, 2011', and on the right wrist, 'Gus Grissom, 2005'. And on the left forearm, again, 'Blood brothers, JSL, 1991'.

On my right knee cap, 'Highland Park Baptist Church parking lot, skateboarding in my finest green taffeta and velvet Easter dress, 1981', and just below it on the shin, 'First shave, Wood Street, 1985'.

On the top of my left foot, near my middle toes, 'Dave & Brenda's pool with Dave & Brandon, scraped the bottom after a dive, Summer, 1991', and near the top of my left breast, 'One of five chicken pox that I scratched, Fall, 1983'.

And so on....

I would write it ink and quill style, though in not too fancy of a script. Except that I won't write it at all. I love an uninterrupted landscape, and skin is no exception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home